Born on 26th December, 1964 at Delhi.
Did his under graduation from Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi in commerce in 1982.
Did his graduation In Bachelor of Commerce (Honours Course) in 1985 from SRI RAM COLLEGE OF COMMERCE, Delhi University.
Obtained the Bachelor of Laws degree in 1988 from CAMPUS LAW CENTRE, University of Delhi.
Enrolled as an Advocate with the Bar Council of Delhi on 01st August, 1988.
Attended the Commonwealth Young Lawyers Course in 1992 at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London and worked with Solicitors and Barristers in England as part of the said course.
Qualified as an Advocate On Record of the Supreme Court of India in June 1995
Trained as a lead trainer, to impart training to Advocates in Advocacy skills involving Examination and Cross examination of Witnesses and also arguing of cases, by the Indo – British Advocacy Skills project. Trained various advocates of Delhi High Court, High Court of Jharkhand at Ranchi, High Court of Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad, High Court of Punjab and Haryana at Chandigarh and High Court of Manipur at Imphal in Advocacy skills.
Did the Personal Computing with Basic Course in 1986 and the Computer Software Applications Course in 1986-87 from the National Institute of Information Technology (N.I.I.T.).
• Signed the Delhi Public School Honour Book for proficiency in academic subjects in the year 1985.
• Awarded the National prize for the year 1985-86 by the Directorate of Education, Delhi.
• Awarded the Best Student Award for the Course of Personal Computing with Basic and awarded scholarship for the Computer Software Application course by the N.I.I.T. in 1986.
• Merit lister of the University of Delhi on the basis of the results of LL.B. Examinations in April, 1988.
• Awarded the British Council Scholarship to be one of the five young lawyers to represent India at the Commonwealth Young Lawyers Course 1992 at the University of London.
• Awarded the second prize in the Advocates on record examination of the Supreme Court of India conducted in June 1995
Enrolled as an advocate on August 1, 1988 with the Bar Council of Delhi and practised in the Supreme Court of India, the High Court of Delhi and the District Courts of Delhi.
Enrolled as an Advocate on record of the Supreme Court of India in 1995.
Was the Standing Counsel for the Bar Council of India for the Supreme Court of India and the Delhi High Court for over 20 years also appointed as a Senior Panel Lawyer for the Union of India and represented the Union of India in various matters for over 10 years.
Designated as a Senior Advocate by the High Court of Delhi in July, 2011.
Elevated as an additional Judge of the High Court of Delhi with effect from 17th April, 2013 and as Permanent
Judge on 18th March, 2015 (F/N).